Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Response from Kari Rieck, District 509J School Board Chair

The responses I provided are my responses, as the board chair and reflect
the policy/procedures of the district. I am unable to speak on behalf of
the board regarding changes to our policy and procedures.

I really appreciate you asking for this clarification. In order for the
board to hear your concerns and to make a decision, as a board, a hearing
will need to be scheduled. At the hearing, you will have the opportunity to
address the board with your concerns and your requests. The district will
also have the opportunity to address the concerns you presented. The board
will then vote on the matter. This is the next step to appeal the decision
by the superintendent.

If you would like me to ask Julie Catala to schedule a hearing, please let
me know.

I am sorry that I had misinterpreted your e-mail and did not clarify the
next steps in an appeal. Please let me know if I can be of further
assistance.

Sincerely,

Kari Rieck
Chair, Corvallis School Board

No comments: