Monday, May 14, 2007

Setting up the School Board Hearing

Julie Catala from the 509J District offices called last week (on May 9th). I've been really busy at school, so I have not yet talked to her. She called again this morning and talked to Denise. Together they realized that it will be a lot easier to set up a meeting during the daytime rather than at night, and that I will have more time after another deadline I have coming up on June 8th. So, Julie sent me an email requesting that I waive the 20 day response time required by district policy. This is a copy of her email and my reply:

Hello Ron, Denise and I just chatted again about dates, as a follow-up to our May 9th phone conversation about the same topic. As she and I brainstormed evening dates that would work for you, Denise realized that if we waited until after the June 8 deadline for a paper you’re working on, you would be available for a daytime hearing, and she would be better able to secure the services of a babysitter so she could attend the hearing with you.

To that end, she’s asked that I work to find a time between June 11 and June 19 for a hearing during the day (between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.) However, that will push the board’s required response beyond the 20-day deadline (per Board Policy KL). Denise felt that you would be amenable to waiving the timeline; if you are, please reply to this email with your answer, so that I may have a record for my file.

I’ll be in touch as soon as I’m able to connect with the board and determine what date will work best for the hearing.

Many thanks, Ron.

Julie


Julie Catala
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Corvallis School District 509J


My reply:

Julie,

I will waive the required 20 day deadline.

Thank you for working with us on this, Julie. I appreciate it.

Ron Bjarnason

No comments: